We are engineers. We provide an open-source content management platform for architects and developers, using the latest technologies and working with agile methodologies.
We are focused on creating an extensible platform for our customers, allowing them to build applications to organise, search and transform their data according to their business needs.
That is why we are leaders and visionaries in our sector.
People are our secret weapon, and that is why Nuxeo is an award-winning place to work.
About the Professional Services Team
As a Senior Implementation Engineer on the Nuxeo Professional Services Team, you’ll get to work with brilliant engineers solving complex business problems through leading technology and advanced open architecture.
As an expert in the Nuxeo platform, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the customer team to design and implement the Nuxeo Platform to meet rigorous business and technology goals.
You will collaborate closely with the Nuxeo Implementation Engineers, providing leadership and mentorship to help ensure the highest standards of technical delivery from design through roll-out. Working both at the keyboard coding and shoulder-to-shoulder with customers to help them enhance their business processes with Nuxeo.
What will you do?
- Work inside a team of highly skilled consultants
- Lead requirements elaboration and architectural design sessions with customers
- Identify and assess business, functional, and technical requirements
- Recommend solutions to resolve functional and technical requirements using Nuxeo
- Design implementation using the Nuxeo Platform
- Develop integrations and add-ons to the Nuxeo platform
- Configure and customize the Nuxeo platform for customer implementations
- Author client deliverables (e.g. specifications, test cases, user stories, and design documents)
- Lead the development and delivery of training for customers and teams
- Lead technical implementation teams
- Mentor and train team members
- Relay product feature requests to product management
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Share requirements with R&D to enhance Nuxeo
Skills we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications and experience in an IT school or University
- 6-10 years of consulting/professional services experience in a technical delivery role
- Experience implementing Agile software projects in the enterprise
- Dedication to quality code and doing things the “right way"
- Command of software implementation best practices and software architecture principles
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to meet project deadlines
- History of building productive client relationships
- Rigorous attention to detail
Required Technical Skills
- Deep familiarity with continuous integration frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, Maven)
- Google Polymer, webcomponents or other .js frameworks
- HTML5 and CSS
- JSON and XML
- Backend / Java engineers must possess mastery of
- OSGI, Spring, or similar frameworks
- HTML5 and CSS
- JSON, XML, or SWIFT
- Experience with at least one modern indexing architecture (ES, SOLR, Lucene, etc.)
- Experience with at least one SQL database abstraction / ORM technology
- Experience with at least one modern SQL database (Postgres, MariaDB, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with at least one modern NoSQL database (Couch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hbase, MarkLogic etc.)
- Experience with at least one queueing or message service (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with at least one key value store (Redis, memcached, Riak, Dynamo, etc.)
- Development and implementation with at least one public cloud provider
- Experience with at least one containerization technology (docker) and its orchestration (Helm, Habitat, Rancher, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.)
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with AWS, including technologies like EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDB S3, Elasticache, etc.
- Experience with Openshift
- Business fluency in English